Children's Dignity Forum (CDF) as a child rights based organization promotes rights of the children. The organization put children rights first in all of its programmes, projects and activities. This is because children's are important segment of the society, community and the nation at all.
Why investing in children is important?
From the CDF perspective, there are several reasons which justify the importance of investing in children. These reasons are framed around the social; economical; political; cultural and psychological settings. Noted, they interlink to each other in establishing the need to invest on children. Being at their tender age, children usually keepâ€on growing. They need proper assistance to help them grow well physically, mentally, spiritually and psychologically...
The CDF’s work is focused on three thematic areas namely: 1. child marriage, child pregnancy and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). 2. Child Protection 3. Child Participation. CDF works on its priority areas through:
- Community dialogue and consultative meetings and workshops.
- Capacity building and empowerment trainings.
- Awareness raising campaigns.
- Media advocacy through radio and TV.
- Research, publications and documentations of the best practices.
- Service provision which involves starting up income generating activities for young mothers.